Sunday, October 4, 2009

Reflection from Students' Letters

Letters from my students reflecting my teaching

Reflection from the perspective of students’ responses

I am a teacher of math and i have already taught around 2000 students. I prepared a survey for my teaching experiences. I got different kinds of responses which can reflect my methods of teachings. I am going to analyze my perspective towards teaching.
Some students said that
Miss Smith
You are a wonderful teacher for our class. You are well organized and a best teacher for my subject. You explained the every concept through different techniques which led us to provoke our interests. You always wear a happy face mask when you entered in to our class room. The whole class was used to enjoy in your classroom. Your test preparation in classroom through groups was informative. I taught in those groups and that learning in spire me to learn math more and more. Our whole class was well focused in your teaching time. Assigning home work but with the instructions was you wonderful idea. You are my favorite teacher.
Thanks Lazy

On the other hand there are some negative points about me also.
Miss Smith
You are too sophisticated towards teaching. However I am an individual learner and your group work always irritates me. Your tests were too hard. I barely able to get pass marks. This is because of you I was not able to learn problem solving techniques because you were teaching through a hard way. You barely gave us notes. So I think you were the worst teacher for me.

Thanks David

Reflection from my students’ evaluation
I think I should not stop my learning and I have to think about my teaching techniques. Are they really too deep from the subject matter? Or they are always needed to evaluate. It is always good to take the considerations from the criticism we have from our students. Some students said that I am putting too many techniques for teaching. Some are saying that I am teaching subject matter very deeply which lead my students to learn comprehensively. I will try to be at teacher as my first student said.

No comments:

Post a Comment